About PlantGDB and Genome Annotation
The plantgdb.org web resource is currently being managed as part of an NSF-funded project (IOS-1126267) to develop robust genome annotation methods, tools, and standard training sets for the plethora of plant genomes currently or soon to be sequenced. Read more about the project here.
The scale of sequence and other data accumulation in plant genomics is outstripping our ability effectively to annotate those genomes. The goal of this project is to develop novel, highly automated, scalable, comprehensive, and accurate approaches to genome annotation to address this problem. Project deliverables include (1) software that implements the novel prediction algorithms, (2) visualization and data access portals, and (3) a cyberinfrastructure environment implementation of the developed tools for distributed computing, sharing of protocols, and analysis provenance recording. In the long run, the project seeks to explore the extent to which genomic biology can transition from a largely descriptive to a highly predictive science driven by quantitative measurements, with algorithms and computation as the domain-adapted language. Read more about project goals and approaches.
Discovery, annotation and expression analysis of arginine/serine (SR) proteins in maize using the Plant Genome Database PlantGDB. See poster P56, 2012 Maize Genetics Conference for a synopsis of progress to date.
The links below provide more information about PlantGDB and related topics (see also left menu):
- News - View recent and old PlantGDB announcements
- Tour- A brief tour through PlantGDB.org
- F.A.Q. - Frequently Asked Questions
- Site Map - Heirarchical map of PlantGDB.org
- Publications associated with PlantGDB
- Links relevant to plant genomes and plant sequence data
- Acknowledgments - Funding and contributors to PlantGDB
- Help/Tutorials - Help Pages and Tutorials covering major PlantGDB resources and tools
How to Contact PlantGDB
The easiest way to contact us is with the Feedback link in the top menu area, accessible from ANY PlantGDB page. We will do our best to get back to you within 24 hours.
If you wish to contact the PlantGDB website manager or one of the Project PI's, institution links and email addresses are listed below.
- PlantGDB Website & Database Manager: Dr. Jon Duvick, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project PI: Dr. Volker Brendel, email@example.com
- Co-PI: Dr. Karin Dorman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-PI: Dr. Shailesh Lal, email@example.com
- Co-PI: Dr. Shannon Schlueter, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Personnel: Dr. Yasser El-Manzalawy, email@example.com
- PlantGDB Questions/Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for visiting, and we look forward to hearing from you!